Monday, October 27, 2014

A Shabby Chic Halloween Card

Hello everyone,

I have been quite busy lately and haven't had a chance to make any cards. I made sure this morning to set aside a few hours to make a card and enter it into some fabulous challenges. :)

Here is my card:


I made this card based on the sketch from Artisant Blog however the theme came from The Shabby Tea Room Spooky Wishes Challenge


The shabby black bow was made with seam binding ribbon, distressed with white distress paint, tied with some raffia and embellished with a fancy harlequin button. The sentiment was created on my PC and printed on heavy white card stock distressed with black and vintage photo distress ink and then cut into shape of a banner.


I used several Halloween Tickets from Digital Papers by Janet and created multiple layers with them. Some of them I embellished with liquid pears.


Instead of traditional banner I created this spiderweb banner to complement the theme...


One more look at the card...

I am entering this card into following challenges:
Artisant Challenge #2
The Shabby Tea Room Challenge Week #238 Spooky Wishes
Shopping our Stash #174 Halloween
and
Dream Valley Challenges #93 Halloween

I hope you enjoyed this post...
Have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by!
Samra

18 comments:

  1. Samra, once again you have nearly blown the hair right off my head! I am always so impressed with your ability to balance contrast and patterns. You know sometimes you see someone wearing a patterned shirt and a patterned skirt and you think, 'Yipes, that's a disaster'...well that never happens with your cards. Everything always perfectly compliments one another and your attention to detail is bar none! The liquid pearls and harlequin button are perfect examples of this!! The spider web banner is genius, just love that...love it all my crafty friend!! big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamellia you always make my day!!! Thank you so much for all the praise :) I am glad you like what I "whipped up" :) I have been soo busy and I am running behind with all my planned chores but just had to set everything aside and make a card...thank you for stopping by my friend! I always look forward to your visits and to your fabulous projects! Hugs :) Samra

      Delete
  2. Wow Samra I'm just simply amazed by your beautiful creation! Great Halloween project and my sketch looks just fine don´t you agree :) I adore a little spiders webs in the corner! Thak you so much in participating in my challenge and good luck my friend :) xoxo Aneta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Aneta! I am so happy to hear that you like what I made based on your sketch! I admire your work and value your opinion very much! I am so sorry for not keeping up with visits to your marvelous blog, life has been just way too hectic here...Thanks again for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment! Hugs :)

      Delete
  3. Love your "Spooky Wishes" card...wonderful design and details!! Thank you for joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our challenge!!
    Diane TSTR DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Diane:) I am glad you like my card.

      Delete
  4. I admire anyone who can put so much on a card and have it look good! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie, thank you for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment! This is my first time joining Shopping our Stash and I plan on playing some more in the future :)

      Delete
  5. A wonderful Halloween vintage card! Love the images, cob web dies, and amazing bow!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowers, this is amazing. I had no idea shabby chick and Halloween could work together. Im glad you proved me wrong. Fab work! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so very much!!! I softened up Halloween with this one huh? ;) Thank you so much for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment!

      Delete
    2. You sure did! I have to admit something (but shhh, don't tell anybody ;)) ... I'm not a bit fan of Halloween. But even so this card made me go all "wow". You nailed it! :)
      Hugs from the chicken shaped European country. ;)

      P.S. Also thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me those lovely comments. I really appreciate it! :) xx

      Delete
    3. Thank you again my darling! And it is my pleasure to compliment your work, cause it is absolutely AMAZING!

      Delete
  7. Hey Samra.........what a fabulous Shabby Halloween card you have created! Love all the layers and the touch of perfect pearls.:) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey! I truly appreciate you taking time to stop by and leave me a comment. I know you have had quite a busy few weeks! Big hugs my crafty friend :)

      Delete